jueves, 23 de julio de 2020

ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHALLENGES


This semester has been quite difficult, due to the pandemic, social crisis, class stoppage, mental health, and many other things.
Regarding English, I feel that this online modality was not ideal. I personally feel that I learned more vocabulary but I still need to practice my speech more because sometimes I find it difficult to find the words to express what I want to say and achieve a fluent conversation.
Although I can understand, read and think in English it's hard for me to speak because I don't have the confidence yet and I get very nervous when I have to speak in English with another person.
Outside of English class, I don't speak English because there are not occasions in which I have to use it but, what I do to improve my English since I was little is watching all the series and movies in English and subtitled, that way I learn vocabulary and some grammar. Another thing that helps me is that almost all the songs I listen to are in English, so when I learn them and sing them, I can improve my pronunciation a bit and also increase my vocabulary.
I think it's important to continue practicing my English, however, I think that in this situation there are few instances of practicing speaking so I hope that in the future I could have more opportunities to practice my English.

3 comentarios:

  1. Have a fluent conversation its hard for me too because its like the words that I know desappear from my mind, its a nightmare!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. listening to music in English is a very good way to practice the language and improve it

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i have learned a lot of English watching series, sometimes i understand without see the subtitles, it´s great

    ResponderEliminar